Our First Kicks programme is designed to introduce young children to ball games and basic coordination skills. Ages covered with this programme are 4 years to 7 years. Children must already have had their 4th birthday in order to register for this programme.
First Kicks Programme
The First Kicks programme runs in Term 2 and Term 3, every Saturday morning at our Club's home grounds at Pemberton Park, Fraser Road, Greerton. Each child will be allocated to a team with peers of their own age, teams are run as a mixed gender programme.
2023 Season Start Date:
Saturday 29th April
Engaging children in a safe, fun and rewarding environment. This programme has been developed under the umbrella of New Zealand Football and it is totally participative and non-competitive.
We aim for our mini players to achieve:
- Fun and enjoyment
- The development of sportsmanship and cooperation through participation
- Basic football skills and coordination.
- Grades 4 - 6 years :$70 per player
- Grade 7: $90 per player. Fees for Grade 7 are higher due to charges levied to the club from WaiBOP Football.
- Fees are payable on registration via Friendly Manager (our online registrations platform)
- Fees includes football registrations for the season, use of a shirt for the season, team photo, prize giving pack and coaching.
Should anyone be experiencing hardship – we would respectfully suggest that you approach the club by emailing the First Kicks Coordinator initially. Contact details for these can be found on the contact page.
When & Where in 2023
- Date: From Saturday 29th April to generally end of August 2023
- Time: First Kicks Starts at 8.30am - normally completed by 9.30 am
- Location: All games are played at Pemberton Park, Fraser Street, Greerton
- Arrival and set-up of pitches | The help of caregivers is required
- 1st - 3rd Hooter | 3 x Ball skill games organised by coach
- 4th Hooter | Start of small-sided game (2 halves)
We play in the rain but the decision to cancel will be based on the basis of keeping everybody safe.
If it is cancelled it will be posted on our Club facebook page at 7.30am on Saturday morning and WaiBOP Cancellation page. WaiBOP cancellations
- Royal blue shorts
- Royal blue socks
- Shin pads are compulsory
- Football boots or trainers
- Team shirts are supplied for use during the season (these must be returned at the end of the season)
Parents participation is important and encouraged, please provide positive encouragement to the players. Please be a Good Sport Parent.
This is your club and will only succeed with your input. The committee are volunteers most of whom started out with their children at first kicks football. Enjoy the season with your children, contribute to their enjoyment and come along prepared to become part of the Tauranga Blue Rovers family.