Futsal is a five-aside version of football played indoor on a basketball-sized court with a smaller, low-bounce ball. Less players gives each person more time on the ball (estimated to be between 700-900% more touches then 11-aside football), and the small space together with a more predictable surface, puts more emphasis on ball control, player movement and teamwork.
We encourage players who want to develop their individual skills to register for our Futsal Skill Lab (Wednesdays), and teams that want to practice together to register for Fast Football (played on Tuesdays at Morland Fox Park).
PLEASE NOTE: Competition details may change if the Bay of Plenty is still under Covid Alert Level 2 when leagues commence.
Futsal in 2021 Term 4
WHERE: Trustpower Baypark.
Junior futsal (U9, U11, U13): Sundays from 31st October to 12th December (no games on 14 November).
Youth futsal (JHS, SHS, GHSS): Sundays from 7th November to 12th December (no games on 14 November).
Futsal Premiership (Senior Boys and Men): Mondays from 8th November to 13th December.
Younger children typically play earlier in the day.
Junior futsal: $60 per player
Youth futsal: $52.50 per player
Futsal Premiership: $70 per player
- All players must register individual by clicking on the “REGISTER HERE” button on this page.
- Teams must have a minimum of 7-players (ideally no more than 8-players to give ).
- The best way to ensure entry is for an adult to organise a team of 7-players and email firstname.lastname@example.org with a team name, manager name and list of players. Teams could be organised from winter football teams or a group of friends, provided each player meets the team age requirement.
- Individual registrations are welcome. The Club will organise players into teams by birthdate (no trials or other selection criteria and the Club cannot accommodate requests from individuals to play together). If we cannot make a team of 7-8 players, we will advise the players that the team cannot go ahead and your registration fee will be refunded. We will also offer players the opportunity to form a Fast Football team.
- Registrations close Wednesday 20th October.
All futsal teams must have an adult (18+) with them at all times who is responsible for the management, health and safety of the team.
THE DRAW AND CANCELLATIONS:
The Draw and Cancellations will be notified via the Waibop website (www.waibopfootball.co.nz > Futsal > Leagues > Draws/Results).
FUTSAL SKILLS LAB
The Rovers Futsal Skills lab is a safe fun environemnt for players to take their Futsal skills to the next level.
- Who: Groups of 12 players
- Where: Merivale Action Centre, Merivale School
- When: Wednesdays from 27 October to 15th December
- U9 - 3.45- 4.45, U11 and U13 4.45 - 5.45
- Cost: $70 per person
- Players must wear non marking sole indoor sports shoes, futsal boots recommended.