Introducing Chris Acott, our new Director of Football
I am incredibly excited to begin my role as Director of Football for Tauranga Blue Rovers. I have been based in Auckland for 13 years coaching across a wide range of levels and age groups and really looking forward to relocating to Tauranga to begin my next chapter in my footballing journey.
As club Director I want to ensure that all areas of the club are overseen and supported. Our club coaches and volunteers are integral building blocks for the club and ultimately provide a positive football experience on the grass. If we can work together to ensure we have a positive playing environment we can be a successful and sustainable football club for our region.
l looki forward to meeting and working with you in the upcoming weeks and months as we get into the 2023 winter season.
The Blue Rovers committee feels incredibly fortunate to have a Director of Football of Chris' calibre joining the club. Chris started his coaching journey in 2002 while playing in the US. Since then he has coached across the community and talent pathways in New Zealand and overseas including:
- Selection as a support coach for the New Zealand Football Ferns 2016 Olympic Games campaign.
- Coaching football ferns: Erin Naylor, Meikayla Moore, Sarah Morton, Naida Olla.
- Coaching the NZ National Women's League 2012 winners.
- National Talent Centre Coach.
- National Age Group Coach.
- Federation Talent Centre Coach.
- Implementing NZF's whole of football plan and pathway in a large Auckland football club.
- Setting up, managing and running various holiday and school programmes.
We are looking forward to seeing Chris out on the grass with our coaches and players when he officially starts with the club on Monday 16th May.